5 Ways to Disconnect
- Turn off all of your devices. Although this one may seem like a no brainer, we all forget to do this sometimes. Even if you just turn it off for an hour it can help! Although, when I do it I have to let certain people know I am so they don't think I've died or anything.
- Read a book. I love to read, and I always have. Picking something that you can truly get immersed in is best and it's a great way to disconnect.
- Have some "me time". Go shopping, take a bubble bath, or have a netflix marathon! When all else fails, having some me time is a great way to stay away from social media because you get distracted quickly.
- Hang out with friends. Making time for your friends (without you both being on your phones the whole time) is very important. It's also a great way to just unplug!
- Get out of the house. Take a walk or hike (bring your friends with you!) and just escape the house for awhile. It's a good way to not be tempted to get on your phone.
How do you switch off from being online? I would love to know, so comment down below :)
7 Things To Remember While In College
I have 3 weeks of classes left and it may seem like it's far away, but 4 weeks has already gone by so fast! It has been really hard to keep focus because I've been working and knowing im so close to being free is making me anxious. Freedom is calling my name you guys, and I want to answer so bad but I must wait.. 3 WEEKS.. IT'S SO HARD.
(^^^ thats what keeps happening to me honestly.)
I'm not going to lie.. Last semester was a very rough semester for me emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually, etc. And taking summer courses has been easier but still, it has been a little rough and I feel like my life has just been a complete hot mess.
All mess and very hot (I live in Phoenix, that says enough.)
So trying to keep it together and not have a mental breakdown every 5 seconds has been very hard. I'm struggling. But I have yet to give up and I think that is what really matters.
Having amazing friends is a big help because they constantly remind me that everything is going to work itself out and I need to calm down.
College is hard, and classes can really get to you. I know I am not the only one struggling so I just wanted to give everyone a few reminders of things that are very important. I hope that you remember to do these things and trust that everything will work out! It may not be your finals week and you may not have summer classes, but try to remember these things whenever you're taking classes.
2. Don’t skip meals.
4. Take frequent study breaks.
5 Tips to Getting Stuff Done When You're Lazy
- Make a Plan - The key to being productive is to make a plan, so making a to do list is a great start. Lists help you to remember what needs to get done and help you to feel like you're more in control of your life. By doing this you get a sense of accomplishment when you cross something off the list.
- Prioritize - Making a list is so helpful, but its not helpful if you don't prioritize what needs to be done first. Make your list in order of what absolutely needs to be done first and cannot wait.
- Eliminate Distractions - It can be really easy to get distracted by a million little things, especially social media. If you really need to get something done then you need to make yourself unavailable. Turn off your phone, put your headphones in, and get your work done.
- Break Things Down - Set smaller goals in short-term increments. By setting baby steps for yourself you'll be more likely to finish your goal and start not the next one.
- Have a Time Limit - Getting started is the hardest thing, and I am sure it always will be. However, if you give yourself a time limit of 30 minutes or so it helps to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
There aren't really any shortcuts to make work take less time. Trust me, if there was then I would have figured it out by now! The one thing I can say is, in order to become more productive you just need to be more organized and disciplined