Im 3 years old!

Sunday, December 7th I turned 3 years old!! Now, you may be thinking "What in the world is she talking about.. She just turned 20!" Well, I have a second birthday! 3 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with osteosarcoma (bone cancer). I was 16 years old and it was a lot to handle. Although I had to undergo a year of chemotherapy(& was not finished until June 2012)  I was declared cancer free on December 7th, 2011 because that's the day they officially removed the cancer from my body. It's been a long 3 years but I'm so fortunate to be here and doing better than I could have ever imagined I would be doing. 

I had been looking forward to Sunday for a few months now. It's a very special day to me because it reminds me how lucky I am to be alive. Being a survivor can be tough because even if it's at the back of your mind, you always have that fear of your cancer coming back. It's stressful and very hard to deal with at times but I've gotten to celebrate 3 amazing years in remission, which is more than what some people can say and that is a blessing to me. I'm very grateful for the life I live and I try my hardest to live it with purpose. I can't wait to celebrate many many more years!


I'm so happy to have people to celebrate with and that I've constantly been supported year after year by friends and family. Cancer is a tough battle, but with help from the people I love I got through it and can now say I survived. I overcame what could have destroyed me. I couldn't have done it without any of my friends, family, doctors, and especially God. 
I want to thank everyone who came out to celebrate with me and for those who couldn't, it's okay! I know you were there in spirit and we can all celebrate next year when I'm 4 ;) 
Here's a few more pictures from my celebration night. 













Here's to another great year, and looking forward to celebrating the 4th!! 
Until next time..
post signature


2 comments :

  1. Happy 3rd Birthday! You're an inspiration. Thanks for sharing your story.

    xo
    Tiffy
    CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete