5 Ways to Disconnect

The photographer (Erick Pickersgill) took this photo and removed the phones to show how terribly addicted we are.
Something that I truly struggle with is switching off. Being a blogger, youtuber, and online tutor means that I am on social media ALL the time. It is the norm for me to constantly check my apps and just see what everyone is up to.
I've created a list of ways to disconnect from the online world when you need a break. And let's be honest, we all need a break from social media sometimes.
  1. Turn off all of your devices. Although this one may seem like a no brainer, we all forget to do this sometimes. Even if you just turn it off for an hour it can help! Although, when I do it I have to let certain people know I am so they don't think I've died or anything.
  2. Read a book. I love to read, and I always have. Picking something that you can truly get immersed in is best and it's a great way to disconnect.
  3. Have some "me time". Go shopping, take a bubble bath, or have a netflix marathon! When all else fails, having some me time is a great way to stay away from social media because you get distracted quickly.
  4. Hang out with friends. Making time for your friends (without you both being on your phones the whole time) is very important. It's also a great way to just unplug!
  5. Get out of the house. Take a walk or hike (bring your friends with you!) and just escape the house for awhile. It's a good way to not be tempted to get on your phone.


How do you switch off from being online? I would love to know, so comment down below :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment