Do What You Love!

This morning as I went through my usual routine of checking on blogs I follow, I came across a new post by Helene in Between. She blogged about how it's tricky to figure out just exactly what "IT" is that you love to do. So today I decided I would tell you guys what I love to do and why!


As some of you may or may not know, I am a photographer! I don't consider myself a professional (because sadly, i'm just not there yet), however I do LOVE it! I started my own little photography because in 2011 because I love(d) it so darn much! And to be honest, I can't get enough of it!


Pictures to me aren't just pictures. They are evidence of memories. Good and bad. Memories that represent who you were and are! I don't know about you, but one of my favorite things to do is go through old photo albums and just reminisce on my childhood or make up stories from the pictures I see of family members I've never met. (It's fun! You should try it some time!) I'm so lucky to have family members who take pictures a lot. My great grandmother has so many photo albums that are practically pouring over with so many wonderful photos, wonderful memories! I love picking random ones and asking her to tell me about that day if she way there or just who the people are. Pictures are time capsules. Because no matter how much time goes by the picture stays the same, even if the people in it don't!


Here's a picture of me holding two beautiful Canons, that are sadly not mine. :( 
I just get so excited whenever I'm around any type of camera! Oh and especially if the camera is a Canon <3 However, I do have a big respect for Nikon and it's a really great brand don't get me wrong but I am attached to my baby!


I have had the wonderful camera you see above for about 3 years now and it really has changed my life. It's nothing fancy, just a Canon Rebel T3 is all. However it's given me some of the greatest memories of my life.


Here's a picture of me with to Nikon cameras, which also sadly do not belong to me. Somehow I always end up taking pictures with other peoples cameras haha. I find it quite funny! I do love looking through others lens though. The type of camera a person uses tells a lot about them, or at least I think so.


This picture is from senior year, and to be honest I used to hate this picture. (I hated all of my senior pictures to be honest.. pssst. it's because of the no hair thing lol. stupid cancer.. ANYWAYS!) I grew to love this picture because I had the one thing that never let me down in my hand. My camera! I do my best to carry it around with me everywhere because you never know when you might see something worth documenting!


This picture says it all my friends! And because I love photography I decided to make a career out of it and I couldn't be happier with my decision! I think that if I had chosen something else i wouldn't be as happy. 

What do you guys love to do? And tell me why! I would love to hear all about your passions :D

Until next time..


post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment