6 Tips for Surviving Finals!

First and foremost let me apologize for not posting in who knows how long! However, I come with the gift of advice for the dreaded finals week! I have ended my semester which means I have survived finals, earlier than most I know but I am so happy to be done! For those of you who are like me and procrastinate until the week before to start getting prepared here are some tips I think that will help you get through!
  1. Get organized: Map out a plan of what you're going to study and when and also when you plan to complete other assignments that are due. This helps you to stay on track and not get too distracted, or forget what needs to be done.
  2. Be prepared with snacks and water: Everyone loves food! And let's face it, you know that you're more than likely going to forget when having huge study sessions so make sure when you head to the library or wherever you may go to study that you pack snacks! Water is also important because you need to stay hydrated!
  3. Take breaks: This is a good way to reward yourself for getting work done and it also gives your brain break so it doesn't get exhausted and this way you won't feel overwhelmed. Studying is definitely more effective with periodical breaks so try doing 50 minutes of studying and taking a 15-20 minutes.
  4. Mix group studying and solo studying: I prefer to study alone with friends. Meaning I have the company of friends when I take my breaks but we individually work on different assignments. However group or partner studying is good for those of you who have social self control and won't get too distracted. It helps to have others brains there because everyone learns and retains knowledge differently and you can learn from others ways.
  5. Get some sleep: I am the QUEEN of all nighters and I know it can be tempting to just stay up all night and study. However, the sleepier you are the more tired your brain most likely is which means you may not even retain the information your cramming in your head. Especially if its the day before the final. If you don't know the material by now you won't be able to learn it the night before the exam. So just go for the extra sleep and hope for the best!
  6. Be confident and accept your best: If you did your study guides and practice quizzes/tests along with extra studying then you now your abilities. Do not stress too much because test anxiety is real and it can and will have an impact on your performance. Try your hardest and when it is all over just believe that you prepared the best you could and give it all you've got!

Celebrate when finals are over! Whether it be going out with friends, shopping, or catching up on sleep! Just make sure you celebrate that you got through yet another year! 

Good luck on your finals
Until next time...
post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment