5 Tips to Getting Stuff Done When You're Lazy

weheartit.com
I'm not going to lie to you guys. 

I am lazy.

I love feeling accomplished, unfortunately I don't always love the hard work it takes to get there. Putting off the things I need to do is a fine art that I have perfected. I procrastinate about everything that's tedious and everything that seems overwhelming. If you're nodding along as you read this then I have tips to help you get things done!
  1. Make a Plan - The key to being productive is to make a plan, so making a to do list is a great start. Lists help you to remember what needs to get done and help you to feel like you're more in control of your life. By doing this you get a sense of accomplishment when you cross something off the list.
  2. Prioritize - Making a list is so helpful, but its not helpful if you don't prioritize what needs to be done first. Make your list in order of what absolutely needs to be done first and cannot wait.
  3. Eliminate Distractions - It can be really easy to get distracted by a million little things, especially social media. If you really need to get something done then you need to make yourself unavailable. Turn off your phone, put your headphones in, and get your work done.
  4. Break Things Down - Set smaller goals in short-term increments. By setting baby steps for yourself you'll be more likely to finish your goal and start not the next one.
  5. Have a Time Limit - Getting started is the hardest thing, and I am sure it always will be. However, if you give yourself a time limit of 30 minutes or so it helps to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel!
There aren't really any shortcuts to make work take less time. Trust me, if there was then I would have figured it out by now! The one thing I can say is, in order to become more productive you just need to be more organized and disciplined

Until next time,
 photo light pink xoxo_zpsvary32vn.png

No comments :

Post a Comment