Pick me ups


I love to be happy. I feel like it's my thing! I'm often told that I am a little too happy for some people's taste. (sorry not sorry!!)
However, I am human and there are times where I'm just not feeling life. During this time I get really sluggish and I have NO motivation whatsoever. It's quite terrible to be honest because not only do I suffer but so do the people I am around at the moment.

I've learned though, that there's just times where I am sad and just not feeling up to par, but it will pass and my happy feelings will come back in no time! It's bound to happen!


With that said, I thought I would share things that really make me feel good on my down days! It varies from people, to things, to places but in the end after feeling a bit spoiled with these things I feel SO much better and I bounce back like nothing ever happened!


Uplifting Friends
   When I am feeling down my friends just know. It never fails that they know, and I don't know how but they do. (wow I said know a lot..) I do however love this about them because they'll do anything to cheer me up! Whether it be with their kind words, funny jokes, or small gifts like chocolate or ice cream (yum!)


 Most of the girls that really come to mind when I think of these types of friends are in this picture! About 10 of them in this picture I'm pretty freaking close to and I wouldn't have it any other way! They were my rock my first year of college in Hawai'i and have not failed me since I've left. I absolutely love them to pieces.

Coffee and Bagels
 This may sound really weird, or not. I love coffee as most people know, but I also really love bagels! For some reason when I bring these two together it just really makes my heart sing with happiness! (or stomach for that matter).



Good Pictures of Myself
 Now I know this may sound shallow to some of you, but I just want you to know I rarely EVER let people take pictures of me unless it's a selfie and they're in it! So often I am behind the camera and forget to actually capture memories I'm making with me in them! 


My sister Katrina took this picture a few weeks ago. To some this may look like I'm just posing or trying to show off a cool new cruiser. I'm not! Katrina was actually trying to teach me how to ride a bike again. A few years ago I had a serious knee surgery (i'll speak more on that in a much later post) and I haven't been able to ride a bike since. It really meant a lot to me that she took the time out of her day to kind of just try to show me. It really didn't go very well haha. But it's the thought that counts and that's what I see when I look at this picture. It's a very special memory that I will cherish forever.

Cameras
Honestly anything to do with cameras can easily change my mood from good to bad. Instantly, without a doubt. I love all things camera. (especially canon)



I mean look how happy I am in these pictures!! Sadly those aren't my cameras but nonetheless I was a very happy person that day. Why? Because I got to love on some amazing canon cameras that's why!!


Beaches
Living in Hawai'i I was very spoiled when it comes to beaches. If there was any day I was feeling down I would immediately throw on my swimsuit and head to the nearest beach and guess what? I was automatically in a much cheerier (is that a word?) mood! 



I mean honestly, how can you get any better than these two views? You can never go wrong with the beach ladies and gentleman! 

(Last but definitely not least!!)

Oahu, Hawai'i
This is pretty obvious to most people who know me. I love Hawai'i. And I mean really LOVE Hawai'i! I don't think I ever really realized how could I had it until I didn't have it anymore. (go figure!) But I can not wait until I get to go back again!



Do you guys have any special pick me ups that get you through the tough times? Comment below and tell me about yours! I would love to know I am not alone (insert crying emoji here).

Until next time..

post signature

No comments :

Post a Comment